I upgraded from my trusty Fujitsu Lifebook T730 in early 2013.
- 13.3" (1920x1080)
- Intel i7-3517U (1.9Ghz)
- 4GB DDR3 (2 onboard, 2 modular)
- Intel HD4000 onboard
- Nvidia 620M 1GB bonus video
- 500GB (W/ 24GB flash cache)
- 3 x USB 3.0 ports
- Micro-VGA port, dongle converts to full VGA
- HDMI port
- 8gb stick, plus the 2gb onboard, for 10gb RAM total
- 250gb Samsung SSD to replace the 500gb spinning disk
- Debian Sid
- gnome-session base with xmonad window manager
- Just about everything works out of the box
- At first it didn't work, but after a kernel upgrade I can use the HDMI and the VGA and the built in screen all at the same time. Triple screens!
- bumblebee provides 'optirun', which lets me run an individual program with the accellerated nvidia card. Fancy!