- Mikell Coleman
- Brock Wilcox
- Erin Kelly
Our topic is domestic violence cases involving women in the United States. We will be looking at how this type of violence affects women in all facets of their lives, including relationships, work, child rearing, and general health. One organization which we will discuss that addresses this issue is the Arizona Colalition Against Domestic Violence. This organization produces educational material, conduct training, and operate a legal advocacy hotline, among other things.
- Background information on domestic violence against women
- How domestic violence affects women in their day-to-day lives
- Child Rearing
- Specific information on AZCADV
- Other things that can be done
Bibliography (MLA Format)
- Baumgardner, Jennifer, and Amy Richards. Manifesta: Young Women, Feminism, and the Future. Farrar, Straus and Giroux, 2000.
ISBN 0374526222 (alternate, search).
- Buchwald, Emilie, Pamela R. Fletcher, and Martha Roth. Transforming a Rape Culture. Reprint edition (January 1995). Milkweed Editions, 1994.
ISBN 1571312048 (alternate, search).
- Meisel J., D. Chandler, and B.M. Rienzi. "Domestic Violence Prevalence and Effects on Employment in Two California TANF Populations." Violence Against Women. 9 (2003): 1191-1212.
- Schulhofer, Stephen J. Unwanted Sex: The Culture of Intimidation and the Failure of Law. Harvard University Press, 2000.
ISBN 0674002032 (alternate, search).
- Starhawk. Dreaming in the Dark: Magic, Sex, and Politics. Beacon Press, 1997.
ISBN 0807010375 (alternate, search).
- Williams, S.L., and K.D. Mickelson. "The Nexus of Domestic Violence and Poverty: Resilience in Women’s Anxiety." Violence Against Women. 10 (2004): 283-293.
- Domestic Violence Is a Workplace Issue.